Alpha Southeast Asia delivers high-quality content and fully supports the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) that will be enforced as of 25th May 2018.
- visit our main website (alphasoutheastasia.com)
- use our products and services;
- contact us concerning our products and services;
- are a subscribed reader or single requester of our publications;
- attend or register to attend our events (including online events) or other events in which Alpha Southeast Asia participates;
- complete surveys Alpha Southeast Asia has issued or commissioned;
- complete competition entries Alpha Southeast Asia has issued or commissioned;
- through telephone research of your organisation and your role in the organisation;
- through research of public resources to identify organisations and your role in the organisation;
- are provided to us as part of 3rd party data for inclusion in our future marketing campaigns and where consent has been provided for 3rd party marketing campaigns;
- supply products or services to Alpha Southeast Asia;
- have applied to work for Alpha Southeast Asia, or are current or former employees of Alpha Southeast Asia;
- what personal information may be collected about you;
- how Alpha Southeast Asia will use this personal information;
- when Alpha Southeast Asia may use this personal information to contact you;
- how long will Alpha Southeast Asia retain your personal information;
- how this personal information may be shared with other parties;
- how your personal information will be kept secure;
- your rights regarding the personal information you provide to us;
- how to contact us.
In this policy, personal information means information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, and online identifier or to one or more factors specific to his/her physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity.
Alpha Southeast Asia encourages you to review the privacy statements of websites you choose to link to from Alpha Southeast Asia so that you can understand how those websites collect, use and share your information. Alpha Southeast Asia is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on websites outside of the Alpha Southeast Asia and Alpha Southeast Asia family of websites.
HOW LONG WILL YOU RETAIN MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We will retain and process your personal information as long as is needed to provide the product or service that you’ve elected to receive from us. For personal information used by us for our own direct marketing purposes, we will retain the data whilst accurate or responsive and if not, no longer actively use after 5 years. Personal information obtained from 3rd parties for the Alpha Southeast Asia Commercial dataset will be recompiled on a regular basis to ensure the data is fresh and relevant.
HOW WILL MY PERSONAL INFORMATION BE SHARED?
We share information, including personal information, with trusted third-party service providers, that we use to provide hosting for and maintenance of our websites, event management, customer relationship management, payment processing, support, accounts, analytics and other services for us. We do not permit our third-party service providers to use the personal information that we share with them for their marketing purposes or for any other purpose than in connection with the services they provide to us.
Alpha Southeast Asia will in certain circumstance disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Alpha Southeast Asia;
- protect and defend the rights or property of Alpha Southeast Asia; and,
- act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Alpha Southeast Asia, or the public.
Alpha Southeast Asia will share our Commercial Data with businesses and organisations with whom we have entered into agreements to purchase or access our data.
You can opt out of having your information shared with 3rd parties at the point at which you share it with us and when you receive any subsequent communication from us.
HOW IS MY PERSONAL INFORMATION KEPT SECURE?
Alpha Southeast Asia is committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We will use a variety of security technologies and procedures to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Alpha Southeast Asia secures the personal information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. Alpha Southeast Asia ensures personal information is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol, when transmitted to other websites. We aim to have all our websites using SSL protocol.
WHAT ARE MY CHOICES WITH MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Alpha Southeast Asia is committed to providing you with control on how your data is used and processed. You can review, edit or delete your personal information free of charge by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or by telephone or via postal communication to the contact details below.
Your rights concerning your personal information are:
- you can ask about the personal information we hold about you and we will show you, free of charge;
- you can request your personal information is corrected and we will update the details and inform you when completed, free of charge;
- you can object to your data being processed and we will stop processing your data once no longer required for performance of contract or legal obligations, free of charge;
- you can object to receiving direct marketing communications from us and we will stop all communications by channel (email, post, telephone or SMS) or within certain subject areas, free of charge. In addition, any direct marketing communications you receive from us will always include a clear, simple method to ‘opt-out’ of future communications by channel.
- you can ask for your personal information to be erased, once no longer required for performance of contract or legal obligations, which we will complete bar keeping the minimal personal details to ensure we do not contact you again, free of charge;
- Any request by you to no longer use your personal information by 3rd parties for commercial data information, will be completed free of charge.
Alpha Southeast Asia use “cookies” to help personalise and enhance your online experience when visiting our website.
A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a Web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
YOUR RIGHT TO LODGE A COMPLAINT WITH PCPD
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Privacy Commission via email@example.com
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
YOUR PRIVACY IS IMPORTANT TO US
FAO: Data Protection Officer, Alpha Southeast Asia, 11/F, 1104, Crawford House, 70 QRC,HK